MA in Homeland Security (MHS)
The Pace University Online Master of Arts (MA) in Homeland Security degree is available to eligible Federal employees through the Federal Academic Alliance program.
Developed in partnership with the Center for Homeland Defense and Security, the online MA in Homeland Security curriculum offers a number of courses from the official CHDS master’s course catalog as well as two specialized courses unique to the MHS. In addition, students have access to the CHDS Homeland Security Digital Library and all other resources. This postgraduate program is ideal for both professionals already in the public safety field and those looking to switch to an exciting and demanding career path. Discover leadership skills to direct public and private sector law enforcement, military, fire, public health and other safety and security professionals to respond to and prevent national emergencies.
Enroll in a variety of exciting classes geared toward your interests and professional goals, such as:
- Intelligence Gathering Strategies for Homeland Security
- Technology and Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Special Topics in Homeland Security
- U.S. Constitution and Ethical Issues
The degree program has three different tracks; Cyber Security, Emergency Management and an Open track.
Cyber Security option can help you acquire a broad base of knowledge relevant to the current policies and programs of the homeland security administration. It can further provide you with a focus on preventing cyber-attacks and understanding cyber laws, as well as addressing network vulnerabilities, system threats, and cyber terrorism. With this curriculum, you can build on your expertise in these key areas:
- Overview of operating system (both Windows and Linux) security, network security, web security, social engineering, and legal and ethical issues.
- Focuses on information warfare arsenal and tactics, defensive strategies, and causalities; network surveillance tools for information warfare
- Topics include risk identification and assessment, security policy and planning, personnel and security, privacy, security auditing, and legal issues
Emergency Management-develops the competencies and skills necessary to learn to recognize significant hazards, analyze intelligence, respond to disasters and emergency situations, as well as the administrative responsibilities and regulations involved with homeland security . With this concentration you will learn to :
- Overview how using routine management strategies can be applied to all hazards, such as terrorist attacks, natural disasters
- Assess the value of existing and new technologies, of various risk tools, and how to apply those tools to any critical infrastructure within their multi-jurisdictional region, and derive optimal strategies and draft policies to reduce the risk associated with future terrorist attacks and disaster.
- Understand how the country will achieve and sustain risk-based target levels of public health capability to prevent, protect against, respond to, and recover from major events, and to minimize their impact on lives and property.
Open Track- Student can pick from any Homeland Security elective.
In choosing Pace University Online, Federal employees benefit from significantly reduced tuition costs, an accelerated year-round program for faster degree completion, and a custom curriculum exclusively designed for Federal employees.
New in Summer 2021! Pace is offering a 15 credit graduate certificate in Homeland Security. Learn more by clicking here.
- Required Core Credits:
- Required Elective Credits:
- Total Credits:
Tuition and Fees
- $820 per credit
- Technology Fee:
- Proctoring Fee:
- $50 per course
To learn more, schedule and appointment with an Admissions counselor and discover the exclusive benefits available to Federal employees through the Federal Academic Alliance program.